I am SO excited to announce my new book is finally on sale! Check out American Mom: A Celebration of Motherhood in Pop Culture! What’s inside, you ask? Well, this heavily illustrated gift book (perfect for Mother’s Day, hint, hint) is all about us moms! Inside you’ll find:
- Vintage posters, cards, and advertisements, from Betty Crocker to Good Housekeeping.
- Favorite sitcom moms, from Clair Huxtable to Lucille Ball to Morticia Addams — and their sitcom kid sidekicks!
- Mom fashion through the decades (spoiler alert: mom jeans!)
- Special spreads on Mothers and Daughters (hello, Gilmore Girls!) and Mothers and Sons (Everybody Loves Raymond…especially his mama!)
- The history of Mother’s Day, as well as famous wartime moms, moms of presidents, and beloved First Ladies
- Moms in Movies, Moms on Broadway, Moms of the Harlem Renaissance, Mommy Muckrakers, Musical Mamas, and more!
American Mom is an awesome gift for any mama, or any mama-to-be! Check it out at your local bookstore, or on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.com! And if you love it, please leave a review on Amazon or Bn.com! It would mean the world to me!
“A tender smile, a warm embrace — these moments are the same whether Mom is in a petticoat, bell-bottoms, or yoga pants. From the first Mother’s Day to modern-day depictions of mothers on the screen and stage, we continue to celebrate Mom, the ever-changing, always-loving heart of the American family.” —From American Mom: A Celebration of Motherhood in Pop Culture